Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Fire escape ladders/ropes/descenders/ ...

(*) The worst example was when I called 999 on a motorway to report a crash
on the other carriageway, and I gave the "M1 A 123.4" sign but the police
operator kept asking "what's your postcode". Postcode, on a motorway? I
offered to stop to read the info on one of the 100-metre marker posts, but
the operator said she wouldn't know what to do with that information either.
I emailed the police force when I got home because that was a lot of extra
training needed. I had a reply saying they'd located the recording of the
call, and I'd been very clear and concise in my location, but "more staff
training was evidently needed to handle the information I'd given".

God isn't that stupid i can off my mobile give Lat Long and National
grid to within 3 or 4 metres but some berk wanted the postcode broke
down in the middle of nowhere.

Recovery bloke asked me to describe where i was and he knew where top
come

Modern tech eh, who needs it!.

As to the marker posts i do remember seeing a large map of the M11 with
those on in a breakdown office some time ago now..

--
Tony Sayer