Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cement keeping

On 05/07/2019 12:20, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I've had most of a opened bag of cement stored in my dry hut, wrapped in
a moisture proof bag, for the past almost 3 years, dipping in as needed
- none of which has been for structural work, just odd bits of
repointing etc.

The only difference has been now it seems to have developed some small
lumps, which disappear in the mixing and it takes much longer to fully
set up.

I've read six months is the limit of useabiity.

I have some grout 16 years old that behaved like that, It did set in
about 4 days but was and is not quite as 'rock solid' as it should be.
Its a bit easy to scrape off

--
"First, find out who are the people you can not criticise. They are your
oppressors."