Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Boiler condensate to soakaway

On 05/07/2019 00:38, Davey wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 18:49:51 +0100
"tim..." wrote:

"Clive Arthur" wrote in message
A neighbour has just had a new condensing boiler fitted. What
looks like the condensate drain is tapped into a rainwater
downpipe, which I'm almost certain goes to a soakaway, because ours
does.

Is that allowed? The neighbour wouldn't know, but he'd be keen to
get it right.

My installer told me that the stowaway is supposed to contain (IIRC)
limestone in order to neutralise the condensate

Does yours?

tim

'Stowaway'? Autocorrect acting up again?

Well if we get a hard penetrating frost then like the stowaway,
the soakaway might freeze solid.

if the soakaway is at least 5 metres from the house then it is fine.

Plant some acid-loving shrubs in the location of the soakaway.