Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Does propane go bad

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...
In article , says...

Propane should last as long as the container it is in. The grill tanks
expire after 12 years and cannot be refilled, but they should last much
longer.

It will not vaporize if the temperature drops to -45f or below.

Sounds like the fellow was blowing smoke then. I did not think it would
go bad.

I thought the tanks may have a lifetime. I know some other tanks like
the welding tanks do. Probably nothing wrong with the tanks, but good
old government regulations setting in. If I don't use the gas very much
, I can still use it but will have to get a new tank when it does go
empty.

Mine is well out of date now but is mechanically perfect. I just
get a mate of mine to fill it at the service station which supplies
LPG for cars, works fine.

I don't think it will ever get much below zero for very long where I
live in the middle of North Carolina. It does not get into the low
teens very often and I did see a minus 6 deg F once or twice in my
lifetime.