Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hearing aids

On 04/07/2019 14:23, Richard wrote:
On 04/07/2019 13:20, wrote:
On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 8:59:34 AM UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:

And ISTR you get free batteries on the NHS (maybe only for pensioners).

Thanks to all for the replies. Specsavers have a 90 day money back
guarantee so that might be the way to assess the situation

If your hearing is impaired, see your GP for a referral. Specsavers will
then assess your hearing and if it falls below a certain level they can
supply NHS hearing aids, or you can pay for others.
I could have had my aid programmed with a few of the perks, but chose
not to. The batteries for my aid are free and I'm not an OAP.

An outpost of the NHS audiology department at a nearby health centre did
my parents hearing aid tests in a purpose build sound proofed room.

Unless you are very fashion conscious I would suggest you check out what
the NHS hearing aids can do for your hearing before buying one.

A fair amount of the fitting expertise is in matching the device to your
remaining hearing sensitivity and fine tuning it. If you are paying for
that skill privately then the costs can rapidly mount up.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown