Posted to alt.home.repair
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default Replacing a shutoff valve

On 3/7/19 8:35 pm, devnull wrote:
On 7/2/19 10:40 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 10:55:55 -0400, "Bob W." wrote:

No threading required if you use a Dresser fitting.

https://www.trupply.com/collections/...12597084192846

Might be a solution - They have apparently been used for years in
certain applications - and definitely the CHEAPEST solution at about
30 greenbacks. Not sure if it is the BEST solution though - and it
MIGHT not eliminate the other issue with the "never-ending' repair
scenario

In my corner of the world, the best solution is to rip that galvanized
pipe junk out and install copper.

You must be in the same corner as I. I ripped the gal pipe out of my
first house and replaced it with copper. In my second house, the gal had
already been replaced with copper and this current house had copper from
new. ;-)

It is a lot of work replacing the gal with copper. When the pipes barely
flowed water because of internal buildup over 45 years, I figured
repairs weren't a viable possibility.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)