Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Replacing a shutoff valve

On 7/1/2019 11:48 PM, Deguza wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 5:08:24 PM UTC-7, dpb wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 18:00:50 -0400, wrote:

Unless there is a fitting called a "union" somewhere close, you are into
major wrench work.

+1

That horizontal line has been opened in the not _too_ distant past--the
nipple still has a Home Depot price tag on it with tape not dope. Looks
like may have used black iron instead of galvanized for it, though.

My guess would be there's union there; the q? is what's on the other
side of that tee before can break that run???

The horizontal line goes to the sprinkler system, I'm estimating that it was put about 15 to 20 years ago. When I bought the house 11 years ago it was there.

If you mean by the other side of the tee, the side towards the wall, that's where the pipe enters the crawlspace. The water then gets distributed to the bathroom, kitchen and the garage.

The Q? isn't so much where it goes or what it services but where is
there a union or the end of a run that can disassemble? As Clare(?) or
was it Ed? said in similar vein, you can't just unscrew one piece of
pipe out of the middle...