Posted to alt.home.repair
Deguza Deguza is offline

Default Replacing a shutoff valve

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 7:48:20 PM UTC-7, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 15:43:34 -0700 (PDT), Deguza
wrote:

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 3:00:59 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On 7/1/19 5:38 PM, Deguza wrote:
Hello all,

I want to replace the shutoff valve to my home.

The existing valve has threaded female ends as you can see on the photo he

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Frqoa1B33oXrgQlZOU8hOWZMUVRUSSQM

How would I take the old valve out and then put the new valve (a ball valve) in?

I see on youtube videos describing cutting the pipe out, soldering extensions, etc. I hope these are not necessary.

Thanks!

Deguza

Where does the pipe going down from the valve go ? Is there another
fitting you can see, or does pipe disappear into floor or wall ?

Unless there is a fitting called a "union" somewhere close, you are into
major wrench work.

The pipe goes into the ground...

I put one more view at: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arqoa1B33oXrgTXC...b-ynp?e=ygIeT8

So water comes up, through the valve to the "T" where it goes in
through the wall and out to???

The pipe enters the crawlspace. The water then gets distributed to the bathroom, kitchen and the garage.

The other side of the T feeds the sprinkler system.

Deguza