Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing a shutoff valve

On 7/1/2019 6:44 PM, Deguza wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 3:19:11 PM UTC-7, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 14:38:41 -0700 (PDT), Deguza
wrote:

The existing valve has threaded female ends as you can see on the photo he

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Frqoa1B33oXrgQlZOU8hOWZMUVRUSSQM

Can't you just replace the valve stem (kit), after you turn off the
water meter?

I suppose I can, but I really wanted a ball valve...

I can understand that, but looking at the existing pipe you may be in
for a bit of work. Some joints will be opened or disturbed doing the
job and they may be in need of replacing too. Be prepared to do some
other work along with the valve.