Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Replacing a shutoff valve

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 15:43:34 -0700 (PDT), Deguza
wrote:

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 3:00:59 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On 7/1/19 5:38 PM, Deguza wrote:
Hello all,

I want to replace the shutoff valve to my home.

The existing valve has threaded female ends as you can see on the photo he

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Frqoa1B33oXrgQlZOU8hOWZMUVRUSSQM

How would I take the old valve out and then put the new valve (a ball valve) in?

I see on youtube videos describing cutting the pipe out, soldering extensions, etc. I hope these are not necessary.

Thanks!

Deguza

Where does the pipe going down from the valve go ? Is there another
fitting you can see, or does pipe disappear into floor or wall ?

Unless there is a fitting called a "union" somewhere close, you are into
major wrench work.

The pipe goes into the ground...

I put one more view at: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arqoa1B33oXrgTXC...b-ynp?e=ygIeT8

So water comes up, through the valve to the "T" where it goes in
through the wall and out to???