Posted to alt.home.repair
Deguza Deguza is offline

Default Replacing a shutoff valve

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 3:59:05 PM UTC-7, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 15:44:27 -0700 (PDT), Deguza
wrote:

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 3:19:11 PM UTC-7, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 14:38:41 -0700 (PDT), Deguza
wrote:

The existing valve has threaded female ends as you can see on the photo he

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Frqoa1B33oXrgQlZOU8hOWZMUVRUSSQM

Can't you just replace the valve stem (kit), after you turn off the
water meter?

I suppose I can, but I really wanted a ball valve...

I understand that. If you start cutting pipes, wrenches, etc.. You
may have future leaks in the future. A stem kit would an easy fix for
the valve IMO.

How much does a pipe fitter cost...?

If it involves cutting pipes, I'll do what you are suggesting. If somehow I could take the existing valve out easily, I would replace it with a ball valve.

However, as I wrote earlier to Wade, I am going to get my friend involved. If he thinks it is beyond his experience, I'll call a plumber...

Thanks for your advice!