shrubby

Default Zanussi washer dryer problem

(Neil Jones) wrote in message om...
(shrubby) wrote in message om...
I have an erratic problem with the dryer of a Zanussi WDJ1294. Mostly,
it switches off after one to two minutes, regardless of the timer
setting. It does sometimes operate properly however, that is, it dries
for the set period of time; this tends to happen when the drier hasn't
been used for a while.

Suggestions on possible cause of problem would be much appreciated.

Could be the dryer fan unit. My parents and I both have a WJD1265 and
the fan unti on both of these stopped working - the service engineer
for my parnets said it's a very common problem on these machines - the
bearing can seize quite easily.

If you take the lid off the machine the fan is on the top, at the back
on the right hand side, as you look at the it from the front. You'll
see 2 pulleys connected by a belt - if this moves very easily then
look elsewhere. If it is stiff then this could well be your problem.

I fixed mine by liveral application of WD40 to the spindle the
rearmost pulley. Of course, I managed to lubricate the belt as well,
but I cleaned that off with some methylated spirit. I found that to
get it working again I had to start the machine in drying mode, and
then give the pulley a helping hand, just to get started. After that
it's worked fine.

Hope this helps

Neil

Neil,
Many thanks for your detailed response regarding this problem, the fan
unit will be the first thing I'll check, always assuming I manage to
get the lid off the machine!

Thanks also to the other respondees(?)for your thoughts on the matter.

Happy New Year!
Brian Shrubsall