Chip C

Default New Home - Inspector Found some SERIOUS issues.

(Childfree Scott) wrote in message . com...
Next thing. (2) 60 amp electrical service to the house. (ugh)
ORIGINAL and ACTIVE knob and tube wiring throughout. I would say
10-20% of the house is knob and tube/fuses.. the rest on a curcuit
breaker. Need to have it updated to 100/200 amp service.

You won't be able to get homeowners insurance with wiring like this.

A definite concern, but not necessarily impossible. Around here there
is one major insurer who will cover K&T houses *if* the home
inspection was done by one particular inspection company and they sign
a standard form to the effect that there appears to be no immediate
hazard, or somesuch. Any well-informed real-estate agent should know
the issues in your region.

(I presume the original poster meant that the rest of the house is on
a panel with breakers, not all on "a" circuit breaker ... I hope!)

Of the original poster's problems, the insect infestation is the one
that I'd worry most about ...

Chip C
Toronto