Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Turning TV into a mirror

On 29/06/2019 09:08, Lee Nowell wrote:
Hi All

We are redoing our bedroom and was thinking of making a surround for
the TV to make it look like a picture frame. I have seen a similar
idea online but cleverly they have put a special mirror surface in
front which looks mirrored when TV is off but see through when the TV
is on. Any idea what this magic material is?

Glass.

Glass reflects when lit from the front with dark behind

Thanks

Lee.

--
€œSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€

Dennis Miller