Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default adhesive

On Wednesday, 26 June 2019 17:47:54 UTC+1, Nick Odell wrote:
On 17/06/2019 11:34, Nick Odell wrote:
On 16/06/2019 11:16, Mike wrote:

My mobile phone has a "rubber" casing fixed to its plastic body, which
is coming unstuck. The internet says (so it must be true) that the
casing is TPE. I say that Evostik doesn't adhere to it. Has anyone
succesfully glued TPE onto a rigid substrate? With what?

The best results I've had (camera grip) have been with double-sided
adhesive tape. It still starts peeling away after a few weeks' though.

Nick

Cancel that.

The grip came off (again)
I double-sided taped it (again) and it fell off right away.
I cleaned it and degreased it and used "real" Evostik and..
...it fell off right away.
Aww... Who needs a rubber grip on a camera anyway?

Nick

Gorilla? Seems to stick to most things.