Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Now bandsaw - how to move

On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 03:40:18 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Deb"
wrote:

On Saturday, June 22, 2019 at 8:46:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I just had a bandsaw delivered. I expected it to be delivered upright
on a pallet but it's laying down, fastened to a long pallet. It was
going to be a problem to move into place but as it is, it's going to
be really unwieldy. I'm kinda stumped.

The problem is that it's in my garage and, somehow, I need to get it
into my basement. Fortunately I have a walk-out basement but the door
is in the back of the house and no paved access to the rear. I could
assemble the saw in the garage and move it but it would probably be
better to move it in its shipping packaging. The shipping weight is
440lbs. so it's not going to be easy. Ideas? I thought about hiring
a piano mover but thought the folks here would have some other good
ideas.

Not knowing the topography of your place, but could you get a couple of buddies and some 2-3" pvc and, using them as rollers, roll the crate out of the garage and down to the basement ?

That idea had crossed my mind but my yard is *really* rough. I don't
think anything that small would work. I suppose the "pipes" don't
even have to roll but the crate does have to get from one to the next
without burying itself in the ground.