Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Now bandsaw - how to move

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 03:28:47 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd
wrote:

On Saturday, June 22, 2019 at 6:46:29 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I just had a bandsaw delivered. I expected it to be delivered upright
on a pallet but it's laying down, fastened to a long pallet. ...
The problem is that it's in my garage and, somehow, I need to get it
into my basement. Fortunately I have a walk-out basement

Three options:
(1) pull it apart (motor, upper frame, lower frame)
and move in pieces

(2) get a keg and invite a fratermity

Now there's some thinking outside the box. LOL!

(3) grass isn't great for wheels, but if you could bolt skids onto the
thing, a winch/comealong will slide it over the grass, maybe even without
killing the greenery. Heck, I've moved a dead water heatsr upstairs solo, after
strapping some skis on and tilting it onto the staircase.

The grass on that side is no loss but I think trailering it around is
easier. I can rent a low U-Haul for cheap. It would only be local
and only for a couple hours. There is a rental place about 2mi from
my house.

I moved my drill press upstairs, and back down, using a hand truck.
According to the spec sheet it's 240lbs, so was quite a challenge by
myself.