Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Now bandsaw - how to move

wrote in message ...

I just had a bandsaw delivered. I expected it to be delivered upright
on a pallet but it's laying down, fastened to a long pallet. It was
going to be a problem to move into place but as it is, it's going to
be really unwieldy. I'm kinda stumped.

As things developed at my parents' house, when problems present themselves a
home improvement project may be in order. A new concrete sidewalk would
allow you to move the bandsaw on a furniture dolly, or two depending on the
balance. ;~)

I moved my 36" Crescent bandsaw frame through my yard on a handtruck.
Everything was going great until one of the bolts I so carefully screwed
back into the frame for safe keeping got snagged on my shirt. I couldn't
get away from the saw as I tried to set the saw back down. As a result I
then had to lower myself and the saw to the ground instead of standing it up
on it's feet. I then had to call for help to get disentangled. Later I had
to enlist the help of two friends to pick the frame back up and get it on
it's feet.

Get help on site before hand. ;~) Impatience can maim and kill!