Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Now bandsaw - how to move

On 6/24/2019 11:35 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/23/2019 8:01 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 09:57:44 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 6/22/2019 10:08 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 22:14:18 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/22/2019 9:46 PM,

Can it be stood up with help?Â* Two wheel hand truck like used for
refrigerators?Â* Should be able to go across grass, maybe with a
helper.

That was sorta my original plan.Â* It'll have to be stood up at some
point, obviously.Â* The wheels on a refrigerator dolly are pretty small
(and my grass is *really* bumpy).Â* I moved my Unisaw myself by using a
ramp to get it into a trailer and used my truck to pull the trailer
around to the back, then across boards to the back door.Â* I wasn't
afraid of it falling over, though.Â* The packing material is a good
50lbs, so maybe the best plan is to unpack it in the garage.Â* Perhaps
the motor and table are separate, too.Â* I guess I'll read the assembly
directions tomorrow.

That's where I'd start -- how many pieces did it come in--"divide and
conquer".

If you can get the pallet on the trailer and back to the rear door, I'd
guess probably then moving pieces from the pallet into shop piece by
piece simpler than trying to move the whole enchilada and then uncrate
inside.Â* But, just have to see how it was packed, specifically.
Sometimes, even some further disassembly first can actually be
beneficial...

I don't think I can move the crated beast an inch.Â* Maybe I can use a
jack (or even an engine puller?) to get it onto four-wheel dollies but
their wheels are really small too.

I've been thinking about it some more.Â* My Unisaur was ~550lbs and I
moved it myself.Â* This is a little more awkward but 150lbs less, so
two people should be able to move it without too much grief.

OK, the Q? nobody asked!Â* What did you get??? Inquisitive minds and al
that...

Laguna 18|bx.Â* I've been eyeing the Laguna 14x14 SUV forÂ* number of
years.Â* Both were on sale for the same price recently so it came down
to a coin toss.Â* I don't know that I'll ever need the additional size
but if I do, I'll be kicking myself. And SWMBO didn't object, much. An
unexpectedly large annual bonus didn't hurt. ;-)Â* It was time to pull
the trigger.

So what model saw did you get?

OOPS! never mind.
So my Laguna LT16HD was shipped with the motor detached. That motor
is/was very heavy.
FWIW I did not pay near today's price that is listed, it was south of $2k.

You will love the guides.