Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Now bandsaw - how to move

On 6/22/2019 10:08 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 22:14:18 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/22/2019 9:46 PM,
wrote:

[snip]

Can it be stood up with help? Two wheel hand truck like used for
refrigerators? Should be able to go across grass, maybe with a helper.

That was sorta my original plan. It'll have to be stood up at some
point, obviously. The wheels on a refrigerator dolly are pretty small
(and my grass is *really* bumpy). I moved my Unisaw myself by using a
ramp to get it into a trailer and used my truck to pull the trailer
around to the back, then across boards to the back door. I wasn't
afraid of it falling over, though. The packing material is a good
50lbs, so maybe the best plan is to unpack it in the garage. Perhaps
the motor and table are separate, too. I guess I'll read the assembly
directions tomorrow.

Yes, RTFM! Open the crate and see what you're dealing with.

If you don't want to, or can't, break it down to its component parts,
follow the advice given here with the appliance dolly. Have a helper
and two sheets of 1/2" or 3/4" plywood and "pave" the path around back
to your basement entrance.