Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob LaFrance Bob LaFrance is offline

Default brazing/soldering pot metal

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 6:36:17 AM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Bob LaFrance" wrote in message

I'm sure this has been covered a bunch of times already....

I fumbled my antique band saw getting it out if my truck. Of course
it landed on the pully(wheel) and bent it to the point of cracking. I
paid almost nothing for the saw and am willing to invest almost
nothing to get it running. I am wondering if acid flux core solder
might be worth trying. Whaddayathink?

thanks
Roswell Bob

The load on the wheels may have to be many hundreds of pounds to make
the blade cut straight. Do you want to risk a failure when your
fingers are close to the cut?

https://www.forrestmfg.com/what-is-blade-tension/

Hell No! I cut my favorite thumb off the first time with a Ryobi table saw. The second time I cut it off was with a Ryobi miter saw. The second time wasn't so bad because the nerves were already gone. Those Ryobis are vicious.

I'm going to scrap saw.

Thanks for heads up.