Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Type of oil

On 6/16/2019 5:06 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 2:28:41 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 6/16/2019 1:24 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 6/16/2019 1:42 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 6/16/2019 12:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/16/2019 07:31 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I also use Wix filters , best filter on the market IMO .

I use either NAPA Gold or Wix depending on where I buy the filter.
I've been told Wix makes the NAPA filter. My preference has a lot to
do with the threading. The base of Wix filters is punched and
threaded into the body of the filter and I find it easier to start
than the brands that are punched outward, if that makes any sense.

Â*Â* Makes sense to me . In fact , Wix makes NAPA Gold filters . IIRC
the Wix number for your Evo (and some Shovelheads) is a 51215 , the
NAPA Gold is 1215 . Back around 1999 or so some guys on the XL-List
cut up a bunch of filters to see how they compared . Fram was the
cheesiest with the least and thinnest filtration medium . Wix won over
all , and I haven't used anything else since .

Throughout the years, I have often seen comparison videos of oil filters
and Fram continuously ends up at the bottom. Wix, Mobile 1, Bosch,
Purolater usually on top as well as a few others depending who's doing
the test and what model filter.

But have you ever seen any actual performance tests that indicate the
visual comparisons have any relevance to actual filtration performance
and resultant demonstrably better engine performance in terms of fewer
oil contamination or other failures even remotely that could be
demonstrated as owing to the filter?

--

Same question as to changing oil at 3,000 vs 5,000. I didn't think any
new cars were less than 5K today. I'd like to see any studies that show

My car is 7500 miles for normal driving. The warranty is for 100,000
miles. They would not offer the warranty if they did not think it would
make it that far.

I imagine testing of some sort was done to conclude that

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...st-that-claim/