Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Type of oil

In article ,
says...

I use either NAPA Gold or Wix depending on where I buy the filter. I've
been told Wix makes the NAPA filter. My preference has a lot to do with
the threading. The base of Wix filters is punched and threaded into the
body of the filter and I find it easier to start than the brands that
are punched outward, if that makes any sense.

I knew a few that worked at a WIX filter factory. They made filters for
several brands. Some were the same with a different paint job and some
were different internally.

My son worked for Lance ( a snack food company). They had a product
similar to Oreo cookies. When the Oreo company could not make enough
Oreos, Lance would make the cookies for them.

Lots of companies sell either the very same or similar items made at one
factory. Sometimes the product is the same , sometimes it is slightly
different and not the same quality.