Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Type of oil

On 6/16/2019 12:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/16/2019 07:31 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I also use Wix filters , best filter on the market IMO .

I use either NAPA Gold or Wix depending on where I buy the filter.
I've been told Wix makes the NAPA filter. My preference has a lot to
do with the threading. The base of Wix filters is punched and threaded
into the body of the filter and I find it easier to start than the
brands that are punched outward, if that makes any sense.

Â* Makes sense to me . In fact , Wix makes NAPA Gold filters . IIRC the
Wix number for your Evo (and some Shovelheads) is a 51215 , the NAPA
Gold is 1215 . Back around 1999 or so some guys on the XL-List cut up a
bunch of filters to see how they compared . Fram was the cheesiest with
the least and thinnest filtration medium . Wix won over all , and I
haven't used anything else since .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old