Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Type of oil

On 6/16/2019 7:58 AM, wrote:
My mechanic likes to use Castrol extended and change oil every 5000 miles. I have alway s used Pennzoil 10/30 and changed oil every 3000 miles. which one is right? Or both of us right? Whaddaya think guys?

Â* I think Pennzoil will gunk up your engine with paraffin deposits . I
use Castrol GTX in all my bikes and automobiles and change it every 5-6
thousand miles . Injected motors burn so much cleaner than carbed motors
that I think they can go longer between changes . I also use Wix filters
, best filter on the market IMO .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old