Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Extending Circuits

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 15 Jun 2019 09:22:32 -0500, dpb

You're saying you have 3 places you can turn the entry light on or off,
and you want to reduce that to 2 places. How about just don't use the
third place. Maybe some day you'll change your mind or the next owner
will want to use it and be glad it's there.

No...you misread. There's only one place to turn the entry light
on/off...at the exterior door. You can turn the DR light on from there
and at the same time then turn the entry off if going on in, but if you
walk on in first, then you must bactrack. The ideal would be to add the
second location but that'll have to have a 3-wire run and not sure it's
there (see other note for more on that).

and one 4-way for dining room.

You want 3 places to turn the dining room lights on and off. Do you
have 3 entrances to the dining room? Oh, you want one by the entry door,
so you can turn many lights on from one location. That's fine, but
makes it even stranger to me that you want to get rid of one location
for the dining room lights.

Already have three...if anything I'd add a fourth because there are
actually four entrances to the DR and the one to the kitchen is missing
a switch.