Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Extending Circuits

On 6/15/2019 2:34 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 14:31:12 -0400, wrote:
SNIPP

You can use the euro style terminal blocks. Just be sure to get the
U/L, ETL or TUV listed ones (CE doesn't count).
https://tinyurl.com/y34b4lm8
They can be a long strip of these.

BUTT - can I use them with Aluminum wire?

Molex has ones listed for both copper and aluminum at:
https://www.molex.com/molex/products...Int roduction

For the grounds you can use a regular bus bar like you see in panels.
That can make a very neat installation. I did it when I replaced my
service panel to extend the wires that were too short. It avoided
that jumble of wire nuts you are talking about.

May have to get a few of those stripos to extend the neutrals fo
install arcfault breakers - - -

Those do have to have rail mounting system which is neat but overkill
for this even by my standards...

I'd pair each cable 2/3 wire and use common ground bus as gfretwell noted.

Breakers are in main panel and aren't changing -- have enough circuits
and it's old work retrofit so I'm not going to change anything but make
the wires longer to reach their new homes...