Decij

Default Can This Spout Be Repaired?

My bathtup spout is getting old and discolored (It is silver colored and
looks like aluminum to me.) I tried to buy a new one, but the pipe that
connects to the spout was too short for the spout (about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch
too short), so the spout didn't connect right although the threads would have
fit. I tried lime away and that did not help much either. Therefore, I am
wondering if there is something like paint or some finish that I could put on
the spout that would improve its appearance. Any help would be appreciated.

JD