Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default Legalities of changing sockets and brakes in England?

On 13/06/2019 10:30, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 12/06/2019 19:18, Tim Streater wrote:
That should have been electricians' union and mechanics' union, as any
skoolboy knows.

Depmds on whether is unions for *an* electrician, or *all* electricians.

Only in the latter case is the trailing apostropehe indicated.

If I recall, no specific individual was referred to.

That is not quite the point..

Its similar to the collective noun..

"a skein of geese *was* seen over london" (one goose is not a skein,
ergo there was more than one goose involved).

"a gaggle of geese *were* ****ting in the park". The gaggle didn't do
the ****ting - some individual geese did.

I nore that nearly all newspapers and the TV nad radio now incorrectly
refer to 'the police' as singular.

"The police is wrong" "The polices was called".

etc etc.

--
There is nothing a fleet of dispatchable nuclear power plants cannot do
that cannot be done worse and more expensively and with higher carbon