Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Legalities of changing sockets and brakes in England?

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 20:43:03 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

Pat Sajak said it best:

"Only when we have enough laws to properly govern our behavior can we
truly enjoy the freedoms of America".

He was entirely wrong. There is no freedom with all these rules. Leave us alone!

Fortunately, other than being a game show host, nobody listens to Pat
Sajack about much of anything.
Here in Florida we may not be able to count votes but we can do our
own electrical work and damned near anything else in our own home.
You can pull your own permit for anything from a total house rewire to
doing all of the plumbing and all of the HVAC, along with building the
whole house yourself.
In my area they aren't even very particular about getting a permit if
you can't see the work from the street.
You can count on the tax man showing up tho. He is airborne.