Posted to alt.home.repair
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default rusty toilet tank bolts

On 13/6/19 12:14 am, dyuc wrote:
replying to alvinamorey, dyuc wrote:
I know this is an ancient thread, not sure if anybody will see my question,
but I'm wondering what kind of silicone to use for this?Â* The bolts are
rusting in the toilet tank in my apartment, don't want to deal with the
landlord about it, but I'm tired of getting the bowl clean and then
having the
rust from the tank stain it again.Â*Â* Would this GE Tub & Tile silicone
caulk
that I have on hand work?
https://www.amazon.com/GE-GE284-Sili.../dp/B000PSE46S

Probably if you can clean off any rust and get a good cover.

Why not replace the bolts/nuts with stainless versions?

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)