Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Kidde 10-Year Smoke Alarms

Anybody besides me having problems with a Kidde 10-Year Smoke Alarm- the
circular one with the sealed-in lithium battery?

I've had three of them properly placed and mounted in my house for a
good number of years now. But my experience has been that after three,
four, maybe five years- they start spontaneously going off for no
reason, perversely often at 2:00 AM.

I know the drill- twist it off the mounting plate, disable it via the
screwdriver slot in the rear of the unit, call Kidde customer service
and get a very pleasant lady who asks for the s/n and date of
manufacture printed on the rear label then happily FedExes a new unit
along with a return label for the defective one.

This has happened three or four times now- the most recent occurrence
being last night!

I don't know if I'm ready to go round with them again on this or maybe I
need to find a different smoke detector product...

--
I don't endorse candidates, and people who vote based on recommendations
of "celebrities" should not be allowed to vote.