Posted to rec.woodworking
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Constant shop vac filter clog

On 6/11/2019 8:34 PM, Meanie wrote:
I'm tired of the sawdust induced filter in my shop vac and decided it's
time to get a better filter, which I assume there isn't anything to stop
sawdust clogging, or make a cyclone separator. Thus, anyone have any
suggestions for a filter or easy plans for a cyclone separator?

I just use these expensive paper bags in my Fein to collect the big stuff
and their HEPA filter to keep anything escaping (plaster dust, for example)
from blowing through and have no problem with clogging. You don't say what
sort of filtration your vac has. Maybe that is the basis of the problem.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1