Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Self Centering Vise - Cheap

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:59:46 -0400, Ned Simmons
wrote:

Yes, every one came with shims behind the jaws. I would never have
known except these aren't used as vises. I make them into work rests
for gun drills & deep hole hones, in effect adjustable v-blocks. The
stock jaws get pitched and replaced with custom jaws. Which reminds
me, the jaw fastening screws seem to be in a different location in
every batch of vises.

I've looked for alternatives but haven't used them. The prices on
those I've found are much higher. Maybe if there's a next time. I've
had it with Grizzly.

Are you guys giving Griz the feedback on this every time?
What do they say? What is their actual policy on it?

--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.