PJx

Default Antenna Grounding

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:48:55 -0600, wrote:

My masts are metal and my antenna is metal and they are connected
together electrically as well as mechanically. If yours is not, then
test it to see if the signal is affected by the grounding.

Would it NOT be a good idea to get a TV mast that is made of say
fiberglass? Im going to install an outside TV antenna soon and
thought it a good idea to use a mast made of some plastic or composite
material so that it had some "flex" to it to handle wind loads.

Is it better to use a mast made of metal tho? maybe better in some
"e;ectrical" way?

Be careful here. The factory specs generally are based on metal
masts. And everything is usually grounded except the 'active' element
that feeds the amp. It may work though.

Pj