Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Steps for rear doors into garden - building regs

On 06/06/2019 20:23, dennis@home wrote:
On 06/06/2019 15:01, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message

Walking through a recently-built estate near me, I was noticing
that many, but not all, the houses appeared to have level access
to their front doors. One than had a ramp for several metres, at
which point there was 90 degree turn with a set of steps. ??

doesn't have to be the front door .....

That may be the case, but why do this?

https://goo.gl/maps/nVZUp1FxQfHo4ZZB8

Chris

Because they aren't clever enough to build the ramp the other way and
not need the steps.

Someone has probably got the ground levels wrong and so designed the
ramp going in the wrong direction and the builders have followed the
plan and then done their best to make it usable.

SteveW