Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default netbook connectivity problem.

On 05/06/2019 20:48, ss wrote:
On 05/06/2019 20:23, Brian Gaff wrote:
Also some routers can seem to lock things out for no apparent reason, I
assume you have tried a router reboot. It would be interesting to know if
smart phones or other wifi devices like Amazon smart speakers are
connecting
OK.
Â* Often this sort of thing can be due to interference on one way or the
others comms, a channel is being used by a neighbour etc, so the signal
quality may be so bad it cannot hear the return signals properly.
Â* Does it help if its really close to the router?
Â* Brian

It is about 4 feet from the router.
my wifes iphones and stuff connect ok.

I am sure it is a simple fix if I kew what I was doing.

It sounds lioke you atre not using DHCP to automatically allocate IP
address, defdault gateway and DNS server.

Somewhee in network settings there should be a
page to turn on that.

--
€œSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€

Dennis Miller