Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bulging caps by design?

Getting inside a TV for the all too common reason, to divert the crappy
internal speakers to something decent, ie larger for some bass, externally.

I prefer to use a hi-fi or entertainment contrivance that already has
proper external speakers and better bass/treble controls. I usually
need to couple it through an isolation xformer to avoid hummmmm caused
by a ground loop.

TVs these days have Class D balanced drivers feeding the speakers with little filtering.

This makes it a PITA to get audio out if the set does not already have that feature.

I needed to use small audio transformers and low pass filters to get the switching freq down.

And after all that, there still was no bass, I had to find a hidden sub menu to change the audio mode to full range.

mark