Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default netbook connectivity problem.

Also some routers can seem to lock things out for no apparent reason, I
assume you have tried a router reboot. It would be interesting to know if
smart phones or other wifi devices like Amazon smart speakers are connecting
OK.
Often this sort of thing can be due to interference on one way or the
others comms, a channel is being used by a neighbour etc, so the signal
quality may be so bad it cannot hear the return signals properly.
Does it help if its really close to the router?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
ss wrote:
My PC is working ok but asus netbook will not connect.it is getting the
signal but wont connect.

Signal strength is excellent.

I have tried `repair` but no joy.

It was connecting last Time I used it (I only use for hols) a couple of
months back.

No changes have been made by me since last used.

What to try next? I havent a clue on this stuff.

Is this via Wi-Fi or cable?

If Wi-Fi, are you sure it is trying to connecting to your own signal?
Round here, I get a choice of about a dozen.

Just that if you last used it elsewhere, it may have forgotten your own
Wi-Fi password, or whatever.

--
*Most people have more than the average number of legs*

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.