Linda W.

Default Question about New Kohler Toilet ...

Kai Seymour wrote in message thlink.net...
Linda W. wrote:

Hello ...

I hope you don't mind a follow-up to my saga about the cracks in my
toilet. :-)

I have purchased a new Kohler toilet (Wellworth) and had it installed
Wednesay morning by a plumber.

The toilet has the 1.6 (gallons?) capacity. I believe my old one had
a 3.5 (gallons?) capacity.

I've noticed that the water in the new toilet does not fill up the
bowl as fully as the old one did. The old toilet bowl filled up
considerably more with water, so that the water level was higher in
the bowl.

The new toilet bowl has a considerably lower water level and does not
seem to get as much water filled into the bowl after flushing.

Is this what it should be doing? Is this a result of the 1.6
(gallon?) capacity in the new toilet?

Or is there something I should do to increase the amount of water?

Many thanks for any advice.

Linda W.

Both our Kohler & a Borg no-name 1.6gals have shallower levels in the
bowl but generally flush fine (neither have the dual mode flush). At
the risk of being indelicate, if feel like you might, um, beach a whale,
(bran muffin for breakfast), I suggest before making your deposit, flush
it once to "lubricate" the bowl. Yah it may seem to defeat the intent
of a low-flush toilet, but this is not an every time technique so you
still use less water over all.

Believe it or not, this topic still gets the occasional mathematician
who rants about having to use more water flushing a 1.6 twice than their
old 5 gal once.

Thanks for the tip! :-) (Good grief. The things one discusses,
huh?)

Anyway -- I think it is more of a visual thing than anything else.
I'm just used to seeing more water in the bowl. But I'm starting to
get used to the visual of the lower water level.

I also miss the blue water. I had been using those tank drop-ins in
my other toilet that make the water blue, but the Kohler has a sticker
in the tank that says using those invaliates the warranty and can
cause damage. I telephoned Kohler customer service, and they said
that this is indeed the case, and that the drop-ins can cause damage
to the rubber parts.

I hadn't noticed any problem with this in my old toilet, but figured I
shouldn't use them in the Kohler just in case. (So I wasted $2.00, as
I'd already dropped in one of the blue disks when I noticed the
sticker. So I removed the blue disk and threw both that one and the
other one in the package away.)

The customer service woman said I could use the kind that clip onto
the rim of the bowl. So I purchased on of those. But it doesn't make
the water blue.

Oh, well. I'll just have to get used to not having the blue water.
:-)

Thanks again ...

Linda W.