PJx

Default Antenna Grounding

Here is some good info:
http://www.orlandodigital.tv/Lightning.htm

If you feel you need to tie it in to other grounds, I'd run a bare
copper wire, buried around the outside of your foundation to tie in
with the copper rod used for your electrical ground.

Do NOT, under any circumstance, ever run a grounding wire of any
type from your mast to the inside your house.

Pj

On 8 Mar 2004 15:48:43 -0800, (John) wrote:

Im new to this and know this subject has been discussed in the past. I
have tried reading previous posts, but am still confused on the
subject. I want to put up a tv antenna. I plan on attaching the mast
to my facia. Radio shack sells cable with the ground wire attached,
which I plan on running into the house and grounding to a cold water
pipe.
The antenna will be mounted on the opposite side as my house ground.
Will this be enough? I really dont want wires running all over the
side/roof of my house.Also wil this also ground the mast or does that
need grounded to?
Thanks
John