Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Gabions

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 02/06/2019 18:52, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

should they be neatly filled or does it not matter? ....

What are you doing with them, retaining an embankment, or containing a
blast from a vehicle bourn IED?

it was years ago a guy building a house had attempted to build a retaining
wall behind his house using light weight concrete blocks......I wouldn't
accept it and suggested gabions.....so he got the cages and started filling
them with all sorts of rubble and old brickwork in a very random fashion
.....so I called in out pet Engineer and he said that was
acceptable.......just didn't look right to me as every other gabion wall I
had seen had the stone nicely packed ......just asking