Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dumore Drill Sharpner

On 2019-06-02, MOP CAP wrote:
What is one of these woth these days?

How complete is it?

Does it have the mounted diamond for dressing the wheel?

Does it have the magnifying glass for setting the drill bit?

Does it have the light to illuminate the bit while setting?

Does it have the *full* set of collets (one each for each
fractional and Number size bit (and a few for the
letter size bits smaller than or equal to 1/4"?
They come in a fitted wood box.)

Does it have the wheel for roughing a broken bit?

Does the drill chuck work smoothly?

And -- of course -- does the motor run properly?

Ideally -- does it have spares of the dual-grit sharpening
wheel?

Assuming that you are talking about the Dumore drill sharpener
which I know about.

There is *one* on eBay at the moment for $499.99, and it is *far*
from complete. I don't see *any* collets, and no dressing diamond.

I would not pay that for it as it appears. However, watch it
and see whether someone else does.

The assembly for the chuck is mounted backwards. Remove the two
bolts holding the pedestal for the drill chuck assembly, rotate it 180
degrees and replace the bolts.

It is missing the magnifier.

And maybe the power cord.

Thanks