Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default shower tray waste issue

On Sunday, 2 June 2019 21:41:49 UTC+1, ss wrote:
I havent ordered tray yet.
Ideally I want a 1200 x 800 tray.
Unfortunately the waste connection would be directly above a joist.
A longer 1300 tray all appear to have the waste in the middle of the
tray and would need to attempt access to connect from the adjoining room
so trying to avoid that. I am trying to achieve a sort of walk-in so a
shorter tray I am trying to avoid.

Any thoughts on how to solve this I am reasonable at DIY, plumber will
make connections though.
See image.

https://imgur.com/fOlOTuR

An option not yet mentioned is to add crosspieces between joists each side of the cut so the joist you cut gets supported by its neighbours.

NT