Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Cable/Pipe detector

On 02/06/2019 21:58, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Any recomends/avoids?

The reviews of models that have a good overall rating still have a
significant number of bad ones. These don't obviously appear to be
from dimwits suffering from "operator error" or "bought a screwdriver
to drive in nails" categories.

Detection of cables/pipes mainly, studs would nice.

I have a cheap one and just recently used it to detect the nails holding
plaster board to the studding. Previously it was never much use but have
found if set properly it is quite useful. I use a known nail for example
and turn the wheel slowly until it beeps then pull the detector away and
it stops, place back over the nail and it should beep again.
I was too much on or off before without doing some fine tuning.