Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas meter connection -safe?

On Saturday, 1 June 2019 22:32:53 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 01/06/2019 22:15, F wrote:

I do like the 'I think I can smell gas' solution.

Sorry, I had completely misinterpreted the picture. In that case I would
be trying to move the meter. If that's too difficult, then it would be
on to the phone! Actually (not being a very convincing liar, owing to my
Aspergers) I would probably say "My wife thinks she can smell gas. I
can't myself, typical neurotic woman, but I suppose you have to err on
the side of safety".

Reporting smelling gas gets you instantly cut off & your install condemned, regardless of the cause.

NT