Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Long[ish], large bore shower hoses, why not?

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

He is now getting a bit arthritic and too heavy for me to lift into the
bath, so when I spotted a dog bath in a charity shop, I grabbed it.
Brand new and unused, for 1/5th retail price.

It's made from an heavy duty plastic sheet, with a tubular metal frame
to support it and one end drops down to allow a dog to just walk in and
not cramped when they are in. It all folds down to fit in a quite small
carry case. Much easier washing them on the drive and they don't soak
the house with spray as they shake themselves.

My 88 year old mother is getting to the stage where lifting her medium
sized dog in and out of the bath is
getting quite difficult,she is fortunate in that some kind neighbours take
it out for exercise now she cannot but it does mean the dog sometimes comes
back grubby if it has been playing with their dogs in a field.
On Friday we spotted one of these in a pet supplies shop.

https://images.app.goo.gl/9UZi7nikpKETjom59

Looks a bit gimmicky to me and not all dogs would obligingly yet use it but
I wonder if anyone has used one or knows somebody who has.
A previous dog used to love being pressure washed which we discovered by
accident when he started attacking the jet of water, turned it down to
minimum and kept away from the eyes when washing him though the silly
bugger would still playfully bite the water jet. At least he got clean
teeth.

GH