Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A warm glow :-)

Chris Green explained on 31/05/2019 :
No, strangely. :-) The remotes are programmable and most seem to have
four buttons (presumably they all use the same chip inside) and so you
can set them up to operate up to four doors (or other things). We do
actually have three remotely operated doors on two garages.

One button opens the door, a second one closes it. Buttons three and
four do nothing. I also have an electronic code lock on the small side
door, with an option to use a Yale type key if that fails. I got fed up
of having to go back to the house, to grab the Yale key when I forgot
it, so fitted a key pad system, with an 8 digit code entry.