Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default A warm glow :-)

Jim K.. wrote:
Chris Green Wrote in message:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 30/05/2019, Chris Green supposed :
You can get new remotes for just about anything like this from eBay or
aliexpress, cost very little too.

I'm sure I could, but it would have to match my system so perhaps a lot
of trial and error to get the right one. I would still be stuck with
trying to remember which button was up and which down - hit the wrong
button and then the right one has to be pressed three times for some
strange reason, to reset the system - to get it to obey.

They're actually pretty generic as far as I've found, the only issue
is the frequency they use, if I remember old ones are 433MHz and new
ones are 485Mhz (433Mhz is theoretically illegal now but you can still
get 433MHz remotes if you try hard). I have several old 433MHz driven
garage doors and all the 433MHz remotes I have tried seem to work

You mean several garages all open at once?

No, strangely. :-) The remotes are programmable and most seem to have
four buttons (presumably they all use the same chip inside) and so you
can set them up to operate up to four doors (or other things). We do
actually have three remotely operated doors on two garages.

--
Chris Green
ยท