Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Long[ish], large bore shower hoses, why not?

Jim K.. wrote:
Wrote in message:
On Friday, 31 May 2019 08:58:47 UTC+1, JimK wrote:
Has anyone asked why you need one? That's often a large part of
why "no-one" sells them...

He /says/ it's for washing the dog :-)

Owain

(You think he means Shetland pony?)

We do have a horse but it wouldn't be that handy getting him up to the
bathroom.

The whole saga in the two threads is because I wanted a handy 'spray
on a trigger' head for the shower for hair washing and such.

First try was exactly that, a little trigger spray head, take off the
normal head, screw on the little trigger one and off you go. The
trouble is that the hose gets kinked with all the on-off of spray
heads and it's a bit of a faff swapping heads all the time.

So, first thought was a quicker and easier way to swap shower heads
but that seemed to be a bit of a non-starter.

Then I spotted the shower heads with an 'on-off' control, one of these
would provide both a 'normal' shower head hung on the wall and a
'spray on a trigger' one. So I have ordered one of these.

The 'long large bore hose' is just to replace the one that kinks and,
as we currently have a 2.5 metre long one and that's just right I was
looking for another the same length. The 'large bore' bit is because
this is a low pressure (tank in roof space, shower upstairs) system
and thus minimising the resistance is a 'good thing'.

OK everyone? :-)

--
Chris Green
ยท